Strategy Associate (Full-Time Permanent)
Reporting to: VP Digital & Strategy
Location: Central Office (77 Bloor St. West), Toronto, Ontario
Harry Rosen is a leading clothing retailer of finer menswear based in Toronto and operating in major centres across Canada. The Strategy Associate will work closely with the Vice President of Strategy to help drive the company’s overall strategic planning as well as support ongoing strategic reviews of our three business units: Harry Rosen, The Outlet and DAVIDs Footwear. The Strategy team also completes ad-hoc strategic projects for the Executive team.
We are seeking a high energy, career minded professional who is enthusiastic about retail and strategy. This job is for anyone looking to further their knowledge about retail - the Strategy Associate will be educated on the front lines and be exposed to all aspects of the business including operations, buying, e-commerce and marketing.
- Conducting analyses and deep dives into the current state and future state of luxury retail around the world and highlight the implications and opportunities for our businesses.
- Evaluating historical performance to determine opportunities for improvement.
- Coordinating the strategy planning process, which includes conducting cross-functional workshops, managing the completion of deliverables, developing strategy implementation plans and assigning and monitoring accountability.
- Prioritizing corporate initiatives to align with the overall strategic direction.
- Presenting findings to senior leaders around the organization.
- Coordinating with our Analytics Team to enhance analyses and enhance our models, reports and dashboards.
- MUCH, MUCH MORE – there is no shortage of interesting work on the go!
- Bachelor’s degree in Business
- Minimum of 2-3 years of Strategy Consulting or Corporate Development experience, retail and digital experience is desirable
- Expert proficiency with PPT and Excel – experience with Mekko Graphics or Think-Cell is valuable
- Competency with Tableau, Alteryx, or other statistical tools is valuable
- Highly analytical with great attention to detail
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as a knack for organizing and presenting data
- Passion for analytics – driven to understand and interpret data, rather than merely producing graphs/reports
Our Commitment to our Associates:
We are in the business of building long-term relationships with our clients and associates alike. It is no secret that Harry Rosen enjoys a very low rate of turnover, relative to our competitors. Our associates choose to stay and build long-term careers with our company because we recognize, promote and reward exceptional talent with:
- Opportunities for advancement
- Competitive total compensation package
- Generous discounts and clothing offerings
- Paid personal holiday
- Flexible Group Health Benefits
- Pension Plan
- Group RRSP
- Continuing Education Reimbursement
- Service Anniversary Recognition
- Three weeks of paid vacation after your first year of employment*
Harry Rosen Inc. is committed to ensuring that our environment is barrier-free to all persons, employees and clients alike, as we believe in equal opportunity. In the spirit of this philosophy, we are committed to providing reasonable accommodations to all applicants with disabilities in the interview and assessment process. If you need assistance during the selection process, please contact us at email@example.com with details.